Saturday, May 1, 2010

Teaching Version - Available

Return to Home Page

Follow Me: A Journey with Jesus
The Discipleship Making Process – Teaching Version

Mike Gibson




CLICK here to access the SERIES Companion Books




My purpose in writing this book is to help you become a more effective disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe that by continually pointing the reader to Jesus and being careful to listen to what He says can accomplish this.

The goal of my writing is to let the Scriptures speak for themselves while providing the reader with a 1st century Christian mindset. Drawing upon the Old Testament themes, traditions, rituals, concepts and insights that Jesus’ original disciples would have understood develops this mindset.

At times my writing might appear as if I were indicating a return to Mosaic Law. Let me assure you, that is not the case! I believe that Christians are saved by the grace of God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, not by obeying the Law of Moses. However, I am also keenly aware that to many people the term, “saved by grace” has come to mean that they can live their lives in a manner they choose. This also is not the case! Christians are called to be a holy people, not to live lawless lives, this perverting the grace of God. Instead they are to live by the Law of the Spirit, which is to love God and man. Jesus said, “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.”

The format of the book is designed for either personal use or within small groups. The book is not a scholarly work or a commentary on Scripture, but rather meant to be thought provoking and life changing. It was written for the joy and benefit of the average Christian, who trusts the Holy Spirit to lead and guide him into all truth.

My prayer is that this book will be a useful tool in helping you live a fruitful life in Christ.

- Mike Gibson



Devotional Version * SERIES Companion Book


Return to Home Page

No comments: