Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Introduction - Part 1 of 3

Brief 4-to-5 Minute Teaching Lesson

Why? and What is the Purpose? in My Life SERIES

Previous Lesson | Return to Home Page | Next Lesson

Return to Key2Changes.com


Have you ever asked the question Why? Or What is the Purpose? in my life. I believe, these are two questions that every individual asks themselves, but for many, there has never come a true answer.

Today, and for the next several months I want to help you find answers to these two questions, because I believe that the answers to these two questions will turn your own world upside down.

With that being said, allow me to propose my method of helping you answer these two questions. Over the course of the next several months I would ask that you check out my short teaching lessons that I have posted here on this site for you to review, which I believe in the end that you will find the answer to the Why and What questions.

Let’s begin then by me asking you a pretty simple question, “When a baby is born, why don’t we leave it alone?” The question, although absurd, is a question that everyone knows the answer to. The baby would die and never grow to reach its potential without someone caring for it.

Why then do we do this very thing in our own Spiritual lives and in the Spiritual lives of those we are given oversight of?

I think we all can agree that we are all made up of three unique components, Mind, Soul, and Spirit. When it comes to our Minds we can all in one way, shape, or another wrap our minds around the concept of the child rearing process, which in the natural is universally known and administered the same way by every society since the beginning.

Through this process I will be detailing the spiritual process of child rearing, which is discipleship. Both growth processes are based on training an individual to become mature within a specified amount of time. Both processes are systematic in that they build upon principles already learned. For example, a child does not compete in the 100-yard dash until he has learned to walk.

Training is an essential part of both processes. A child’s training determines what he will become. And training consists of two parts. In the child rearing process they are called learning and application, while in the discipleship making process they are called hearing and doing.

With that, allow me to leave you with these two words from God, and have you consider there implications in your own lives until my next lesson:

“If you love Me, you will keep My commands.” John 14:15

. . . and number two . . .

“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples . . . teaching them to observe all that I commanded you . . .” Matthew 28:18-20

Until next time . . . Godspeed!

Previous Lesson | Return to Home Page | Next Lesson

Return to Key2Changes.com


No comments: